Massachusetts Gastroenterology Association
The MGA's 3rd annual post-graduate course will provide an update on the diagnosis, management and referral algorithms for patients with inflammatory bowel disease. Through lectures and Q & A sessions, faculty will share the most recent advances in the care of these patients.
As a result of participating in this activity, learners should be able to:
· Identify Treatment Failure and the indications for biologic therapies and optimization of those therapies
· Incorporate current guidelines for cancer surveillance and utilization of chromoendoscopy in routine IBD care.
· Summarize the current understanding of the effect of the microbiome on risk of IBD incidence and exacerbation
· Generate a treatment algorithm for when surgical consultation is required for IBD patients
· Recognize the effect of IBD on sexual health and infertility
· Summarize current prophylactic vaccination guidelines for patients with IBD
Content copyright 2015 Massachusetts Gastroenterology Association. All rights reserved.860 Winter Street, Waltham MA 02451